Quarantining in the time of COVID-19 has meant everyone has needed to adapt to the virtual life.
As marketers, we're ahead of the curve there, but still there are many of us who haven't dabbled in all matters of virtual marketing, including virtual events.
Marketing consultant Dennis Shiao not only covers the basics of virtual events but also explores how content marketers can extract value from one-time events year-round.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The difference between virtual meetings and virtual events
- When it makes sense to have virtual events
- How to make an event a yearlong experience
- The types of content you can create related to the event
- How to measure the success of your event and supplementary content
- How to choose the best tools to run the event
- Blue Jeans
- Salesforce Dreamforce
- Bay Area Content Marketing Meetup
- Content Marketing World
- Intrado (disclosure: Dennis used to work for them)
- Hey Summit
- Brian Fanzo
- Top Live Streaming Video Software for Virtual Event Speakers, Zoom and Live Webinar Presenters (video)